Sunday, October 25, 2015

Clean.


I remember how unworthy I felt 
and how heavy the nights could be.

And today as I unpacked my last box
and dug through pieces of my past
my heart went cold.

I placed that second ring on my middle finger
and so vividly thought of the girl who used to think
her future was doomed.

Just as one of the jewels is missing 
from that second ring
so was the love from our relationship.
You used me, I kept my mouth shut.

Two and a half years later.

Two men, two rings.

Both got down on their knees,
but oh what a difference there is when
someone actually loves you
and doesn't demand the worst parts of yourself.

If I could tell my past self one thing, it is this:
Be patient and hang on. 

I swear someone is going to love you more than you could ever imagine.
And he won't demand anything of you, but gooey grilled cheese sandwiches.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet girl, lovely thing.
    Been a while.
    I'm here but not-here, back only temporarily - I'm posting some writing to a new site / blog and I'd love to have you over there, if you will.
    I'm losing the anonymity there, so email me at bella_bee45@hotmail.com if you'd like the link and I'll write you the details.
    I hope you're doing well, I really do.
    Love, always.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Though I may not reply to all of your comments, I read each and every one of them.
Your words mean so much to me.

xx